Taking Care of Your Chromebook
Staff and students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook they have been issued. Staff and students must immediately report any concerns about Chromebooks that are broken or fail to work properly to the building administrator so the issue can be addressed. Staff, please follow the proper work order procedure. District Chromebooks should never be taken to an outside computer service for any type of repairs or maintenance.
- All District labels must remain on the equipment.
- Chromebooks must remain free of any personalization, such as: writing, engraving, drawing, stickers, labels, etc.
- Be mindful of food, drink, etc. that may come in contact with the Chromebook when it is stored or in use.
- Chromebooks should not be used with the power cord plugged in where the cord may create a tripping
- Heavy objects should never be placed on top of Chromebooks.
- Upon discovery that a Chromebook has been stolen, report the information to building
- Chromebooks should not be stored in a vehicle (at home, school, or otherwise) for security and
temperature control reasons.
- Chromebook screens can easily be damaged. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
- Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (pens, pencils, papers, etc).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth.
- Do not use window cleaner, household cleaners, or other sprays, as they may damage the Chromebook.