For all district technology needs, the tech department is here to help. The tech team is comprised of Tomas Del Toro III, Technology EHN (Electronics, Hardware, and Networking) Specialist, and Geoff Lucas, Technology Assistant. Managed by Myra Patterson, Director of Instructional Services, the Tech Team is available to help with various technology needs, not just for staff, but for parents/guardians as well. The Tech Team provides support for areas such as staff email logins, Skyward logins (staff, parents, and students), Google G-Suite, Office 365 for staff, and classroom technology concerns.
Our goal is to meet all of the classroom technology needs to promote a productive learning environment. We test new technologies as they emerge for potential classroom usage that would promote a better learning environment. We hope for the best for all students at Community Consolidated Schools District 168.
Teachers, when requesting software installs, please make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Is it a school approved program?
- Does your computer meet the minimum requirements?
- Are there enough licenses?
Please be aware if you have software installed onto your computer, you will need to keep a copy of the disk used for installation or keep the download link safe. If you computer needs to be replaced, your software will need to be installed on your new computer using the appropriate media. Contact your school office to get a software installation request form. Submit the form to your building Principal who will authorize the request and send it to the Technology Department for fulfillment.
The Technology Department has implemented many projects throughout the district over the School Year. These projects included:
- The district email has been upgraded to Office 365. Additional training documentation will be provided.
- Teacher laptops were upgraded to Windows 10 for security purposes. Office computers are in the process of being upgraded as well.
- Additional Chromebooks were purchased for each school to improve the student/device ratio and draw closer to the 1 to 1 educational environment.
- New laptops are scheduled for Wagoner's new STEM lab.
- IAR Testing was setup, installed, and configured. Multiple webinars were attended and continued fixes to ISBE SIS were sent.
- E-Rate was filed.
- Attended the Illinois Educational Technology Conference.
- Online Subscriptions were renewed.
- SIS uploads from Skyward are ongoing.
- A district Inventory of technology items has been rolled into a continuous process in order to keep technology fresh.
- Ninite Pro was install and configured. Ninite is used to roll out Java & Chrome updates to IAR testing computers.
- Windows Deployment Services was installed and configured.
- MAP testing data uploads from Skyward were periodically updated.
- Regular registration for 2019-2020 school year was attended and completed.
- Online registration was setup and configured. Training for 2019-2020 school year was completed.